Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

vintage swimsuit

Q:Do I swim at the beach?
A: not often.
Q:Do i need a new swimsuit
A: NO.
However I do believe that a hand made vintage style swim suit would look lovely in my fashion folio so....... for my next trick i will make one.

I am biased and do not really like the swim wear that is commonly around these days, most of them leave little to the imagination. other then that who decided triangles were attractive? well anyway y here are some classics that i like.

I am very impressed by the lil black number




So I am currently dong some sketches to see what style I decide to continue with :) Wish me Luck

4 comments:

Tab said...

If you look at the designer collections etc the vintage suit is really "in" and has been for the past few years - albeit in modern fabrics. Are you looking to use bonning cotton and zippers or today's stuff? I think "triangles" were decided to be groovey in the 60's, but the bikini as it is named was invented in the '40s.

kelgell said...

I bet people thought they left little to the imagination back in those days too. I like the black one you like, and the one with "spikes" of the four lying on the sand. I admired some 50s style swimsuits in the window of G.A.S. Studio in Creswick Rd when they had them. I think they were spotty and a halter neck strap. They really are quite stylish...at least for the hourglass figure.

Hope for us yet said...

Have you been in to see "my sister pat"?

Apparel said...

If you look at the designer collections etc the vintage suit is really "i